$12,000.00

2006 Nissan Murano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Murano:

2006 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Sep 012014

Murano LX V6

My 2006 Nissan Murano had excessive oil consumption. Went to dealer, ran a diagnostic test and found out that the piston rings were cracked and leaking oil. Dealer recommended changing the engine, for an estimated cost of $12000 (parts + labor). Odometer reads 70,612 !! Who changes engines at that mileage ?

Called up 1-800-Nissan-1 and complained, only to find out two days later that 'after careful consideration, they weren't able to help me'. Nissan is pawning off defective vehicles and refuses to acknowledge it !

I WILL NEVER BUY A NISSAN AGAIN !

- , Sammamish, WA, USA

Aug 022011

Murano SLE V6

I have heard there was a class action law suit against Nissan for these motors using oil, Is this true?? This car now has 64000 miles on it and I have been told to replace the motor or trade it it in.... REALLY!!!! I owe more than I will get on a trade in.....I will never buy another Nissan. This is a huge problem and Nissan should fix it for free...I stayed away from Dodges and Chryslers but the joke was on me.......

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA