2009 Nissan Murano brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Murano:

2009 Nissan Murano Owner Comments (Page 1 of 13)

Mar 182019

Murano

Theres a recall on the brakes

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 042021

Murano

My vehicle inspection report on 01/04/2021 recall advisory stated "your vehicle has one or more recalls". I followed all instructions and found that there is a problem with my nc valve.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Dec 022020

Murano

Took in my vehicle this morning to get 4 recalls fixed, and dealership stated they could only fix one of the 4 issues. Spoke to a representative and she stated the issues for the model of the SUV were not included in the VIN number, therefore the dealership couldn't assist with all 4 issues. The lights on the dashboard of the SUV are on and all pertain to the 4 issues not included in the VIN. How can I get these included in the VIN number so the dealership can fix the issues? the issues are as follow: NHTSA campaign number: 18V916000 NHTSA campaign number: 09V393000 NHTSA campaign number: 08V521000 NHTSA campaign number: 08V066000

- El Paso, TX, USA

Oct 012020

Murano

Brake system brakes locked all 4. when I drive it sounded like rattling once I made it home backed up it jerked then call a mechanic and he said brakes are locked dnt drive.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Aug 092020

Murano

I was driving the car and stopped at a red light. When I hit the gas to go when the light turned green the car would not go. It took about 20 seconds before it would go and when it did it acted like I had my foot on the gas pedal which I did not. It has done this numerous times. I replaced the fuel pump and took it to a mechanic twice. Nothing that has been done has fixed the problem. I have almost been rear ended several times due the fact that the car stalls.

- Atoka, OK, USA

Jul 232020

Murano

Nissan preformed work on this vehicle for recall # recall 18V916000. A year later the same exact problem occurred and Nissan says we are now responsible for the bill because they only have to attempt to fix recalls once

- Nashville, TN, USA

Jul 012019

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the vehicle failed a state safety inspection due to brake pedal being depressed to the floor board without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and the brake master cylinder was replaced however, the vehicle failed a second inspection. The contact was informed by the inspector that the vehicle was subjected to NHTSA campaign number: 18V916000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The vehicle was taken to hall Nissan Virginia beach (3757 bonney rd, Virginia beach, va 23452) and repaired however, the failure persisted. The contact was informed that the brake booster and brake master cylinder needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 50,000.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 082020

Murano

There was a stabilizer that was not connected on the right front side. Found out when I was in the mechanics. As for the brakes they have worn down quickly and had problems. Including a driver side rear line. The tire pressure warning light remains on even when tires are balanced.

- Fall River, MA, USA

Feb 112020

Murano

Brake pedal goes to floor when trying to stop.

- Orland Park, IL, USA

Sep 032017

Murano

Would lose brake pressure going over a manhole cover/any uneven surface while braking, generally braking to a stop. This would happen periodically for about a year (2016-2017). On 9/3/2017 I was braking for a red light, went over a manhole cover and lost all brake pressure. Vehicle would stop but you would need to press the pedal to the floor. I brought my car to the dealership where they determined the ABS control unit was inoperable. The dealership replaced the unit 9/14/17. I contacted Nissan and was given a case number (28309423) but was never contacted. I am reporting this now as my VIN is not included in the current recall and I feel it should be.

- West Hartford, CT, USA

May 242017

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the brake pedal had to be depressed for an extended amount of time and almost to the floorboard before the vehicle would come to a stop. The vehicle failed to stop immediately and took an extended amount of time. Hawkinson Nissan (located at 5513 miller circle drive, matteson, il 60443, 708-252-3769) diagnosed that the ABS had no failure with the hcu. The dealer flushed the brake fluid, but did not replace the hcu. The repairs were performed per NHTSA campaign number: 18V916000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the failure continued. The contact took the vehicle to a certified independent mechanic who informed the contact that there was a valve issue regarding the ABS, which was a mechanical defect. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 123,000.

- Lansing, IL, USA

Dec 182019

Murano

My wife was driving the vehicle on a frigid night and she felt that she needed to pump the brake until it hits the floor to stop, next day as she was driving from our garage it just slid off the sloped driveway. I needed to drive her to work in another vehicle. I had the brake pads replaced because the mechanic suggested that the sponginess of the brake might go away if I have a new brake pad. After the replacement it was if nothing was done to the brakes it was stillspongy.

- Winfield, KS, USA

Nov 292019

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. While driving, the vehicle failed to stop as the brake pedal was depressed to the floorboard. The contact was able to coast to the side of the road and then continue driving. Once the vehicle was powered off and restarted, it resumed normal operation. The vehicle was taken to frank fletcher Nissan (2327 S rangeline rd, joplin, mo 64804, (417) 317-5179) where code number: C1142 was found. The dealer stated that the ABS actuator failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated that the vehicle was previously repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 18V916000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and provided case number: 38082076. The failure mileage was approximately 128,157.

- Pittsburg, KS, USA

Jun 012019

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. While driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle did not stop when the brakes were applied. The contact had to pump the brake pedal to stop the vehicle. While driving approximately 10 mph, the traffic suddenly stopped. The contact attempted to stop the vehicle; however, the brakes failed and caused the contact to rear end the preceding vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a certified mechanic who was not able to find any failure with the brakes. The contact stated that the failure recurred approximately a week ago. Dorschel Nissan (located at 3817 w henrietta rd, rochester, NY 14623, 585-334-9440) diagnosed that the two lower pins on the front brakes were not properly lubricated. The vehicle was repaired and the brake fluid was changed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 109,000.

- Fairport, NY, USA

Jul 052019

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle failed to stop when the brake pedal was depressed. The contact had to depress the brake pedal multiple times for it to function. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The contact associated the failure with NHTSA campaign number: 18V916000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The vehicle was taken to crown Nissan of greensboro (located at 3900 w wendover ave, greensboro, nc 27407, (336) 790-9853) where it was diagnosed that the ABS control unit needed to be repaired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Sep 052019

Murano

The vehicles power steering goes in and out as well as the braking system

- Plattsburgh, NY, USA

Aug 102019

Murano

I am reporting a complain about Nissan negligence. Nissan did not informed me about outstanding recall (ABS hcu) for this vehicle which was issued late 2018. I only knew because I brought my vehicle to my trusted mechanic for braking issues on 08.20.2019 who informed me that there is an outstanding recall for this vehicle.

- Maspeth, NY, USA

Aug 152019

Murano

ABS recall. My car has deep brake & take longer to stop so brought to my mechanic & informed me that it has an outstanding ABS recall so I brought it to keoppel Nissan service in queens NY. After two days of waiting they did nothing so decided to pick it up & to bring it to other Nissan dealer service. Before picking my vehicle up they informed me that deep brake & longer braking time has nothing to do with the ABS, vehicles ABS has no issue & does not need to be replaced. They informed me that that it is the brake pads & the calipers which was receiving checked by my trusted mechanic. But keoppel Nissan service did not provide me any written proofs that ABS or the recall has nothing to do with my vehicles braking issue. Now I am back to square one, will bring the vehicle to other Nissan service.

- Maspeth, NY, USA

Jun 102019

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. When the vehicle accelerated, there was a loss of power and a delay at times before finally gaining speed. In other instances, the vehicle had a drastic reduction in speed. The alternator assembly was replaced more than twice, but the failure continued. The vehicle was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 05V319000 (electrical system); however, the vehicle exhibited the same failure as the recall campaign. Moses Nissan (300 maccorkle ave, St albans, wv 25177, (304) 727-2921) was notified of the failure. In addition, the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 18V916000 (service brakes, hydraulic), but a repair appointment had not been scheduled. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Nitro, WV, USA

Jul 182019

Murano

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Murano. The contact stated that the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard when it was depressed. The vehicle was unable to be safely driven due to the failure. Grubbs Nissan (310 airport fwy, bedford, tx 76022, (817) 786-4800) was made aware of the failure and stated that the vehicle was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 18V916000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the vehicle exhibited the same failure as the recall campaign. The dealer indicated that a diagnosis was required. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Euless, TX, USA