2015 Nissan Murano drivetrain problems: transfer case leakage

Transfer Case Leakage

2015 Nissan Murano

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

6.0

$3,100

1. replace transfer case (2 reports)
2015 Nissan Murano drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Murano:

2015 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Sep 122018

Murano CV 3.2L V6

• CVT transmission

For my 2015 Nissan Murano Lease the ball joint was replaced under warranty at 60000Km by the dealer.

I brought in my car due to a vibration problem at 95000km on Aug 2018 before the warranty expired, the dealer said that everything was ok and that the vibration was normal. I have a report with all the checkmarks.

I brought the car back in September a month later due to the same vibration the dealer said that now when the car was out of warranty in needed new engine mounts bc they were cracked, new shock absorber struts, new sway bars, there was a leak in the power steering system, new battery re-machine brakes total cost $7500K CAN and the dealer said that as a good-will they will cover half of that cost

Check engine light came on at 110000km in Jan 2019 the dealer said the they have to replace the transmission total cost $7500 and Nissan Canada said that as a good will the will cover 70%.

This vehicle is a lease and its been nothing but problems. At $40K I expected much better. I have a 2014 Nissan rogue as well is due in May 2019 with 22000Km. Can's wait to get rid of both this vehicles.

I'll never look at a Nissan, cars look good but they are poor products and low quality. Stay away from these cars

- nnd, Toronto, ON, Canada

Apr 112015

Murano SV

click to see larger images

transfer case leakage

We purchase the Nissan back in March 2015, week after we noticed stains on the garage floor. Dealer replaced the gasket but it didn't work, we had to come back two times for the same repair until they decided to replace the transfer case. All Looks good now.

- Jerzy B., Parlin, NJ, US