- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 0 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 8 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Recalls 370Z Cars to Fix Curtain Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 38 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 46 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/Rear Door Hatch
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
If both struts detach from the brackets, the door will rapidly fall down, possibly striking someone and causing serious injury.
Structure — Body — Hatchback/Liftgate — Hinge And Attachments
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. Some of the brackets used to attach the two gas struts to the rear door (hatch) may have been improperly made. At high ambient temperatures, the increase in gas pressure in the strut(s) could cause one or both brackets to bend, resulting in the struts detaching from the bracket(s) when opening or closing the rear door.
- Dealers will replace the strut brackets. Owner notification began September 24, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.