- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 0 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 7 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 19 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 27 days ago
- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 62 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/Rear Door Hatch
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
If both struts detach from the brackets, the door will rapidly fall down, possibly striking someone and causing serious injury.
Structure — Body — Hatchback/Liftgate — Hinge And Attachments
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. Some of the brackets used to attach the two gas struts to the rear door (hatch) may have been improperly made. At high ambient temperatures, the increase in gas pressure in the strut(s) could cause one or both brackets to bend, resulting in the struts detaching from the bracket(s) when opening or closing the rear door.
- Dealers will replace the strut brackets. Owner notification began September 24, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.