- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 3 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 19 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 28 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 47 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/Rear Door Hatch
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
If both struts detach from the brackets, the door will rapidly fall down, possibly striking someone and causing serious injury.
Structure — Body — Hatchback/Liftgate — Hinge And Attachments
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. Some of the brackets used to attach the two gas struts to the rear door (hatch) may have been improperly made. At high ambient temperatures, the increase in gas pressure in the strut(s) could cause one or both brackets to bend, resulting in the struts detaching from the bracket(s) when opening or closing the rear door.
- Dealers will replace the strut brackets. Owner notification began September 24, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.