- July 19: Nissan Recalls Titan Trucks Due To Alternator Wire Harnesses recalls | 4 days ago
- July 8: Nissan Prevails in Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- June 11: Nissan Altima CVT Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 42 days ago
- May 31: Nissan Altimas Recalled For Risk of Fires recalls | 53 days ago
- May 12: Appeals Court Upholds $25 Million Verdict Against Nissan news | 72 days ago
Nissan Recall : Nissan/Rear Door Hatch
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
If both struts detach from the brackets, the door will rapidly fall down, possibly striking someone and causing serious injury.
Structure — Body — Hatchback/Liftgate — Hinge And Attachments
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. Some of the brackets used to attach the two gas struts to the rear door (hatch) may have been improperly made. At high ambient temperatures, the increase in gas pressure in the strut(s) could cause one or both brackets to bend, resulting in the struts detaching from the bracket(s) when opening or closing the rear door.
- Dealers will replace the strut brackets. Owner notification began September 24, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.