- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 2 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 18 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 27 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 46 days ago
Nissan Recall : Fuel Tank Breather Tube Incorrectly Attached
2016 Nissan Titan
If the fuel gauge reads incorrectly, the vehicle can run out of fuel without the driver being aware, increasing the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Diesel — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2016 Titan Diesel XD vehicles manufactured August 7, 2015, to September 1, 2016. The affected vehicles may not have had the temporary fuel tank breather tube cap removed during the vehicle's assembly and the fuel tank breather tube may not have been connected to the bed rail. As a result, the fuel tank may not have the proper ventilation, possibly causing the fuel gauge and the distance to empty meter to both display inaccurately.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel tank breather tube, replacing the fuel tank, fuel sending unit, and/or fuel tank breather tube, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on December 12, 2016. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (13)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Fuel Tank Breather Tube Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC494 Date: November 18, 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Fuel Tank Breather Tube Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC494 Date: January 18, 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Fuel Tank Breather Tube Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC494 Date: December 2, 2016
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Nissan Reference: NTB16-118 Date: December 1, 2016
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.