- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 1 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 17 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 26 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 45 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Radiator Assembly Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
0.8hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 223,891 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
cooling system problem