- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 5 days ago
- October 13: Toyota C-HR Rear Wheels Could Detach From the SUVs recalls | 7 days ago
- October 6: Toyota Recalls Avalon, Sequoia and Tundra For Airbag Failures recalls | 14 days ago
- October 5: Toyota Prius Limp Mode Recall Involves 2.4 Million Cars recalls | 15 days ago
- September 6: Toyota Invests $500 Million in Ride-Sharing Giant Uber news | 44 days ago
Toyota Recall G05: Air Bag Fasteners May Loosen Affecting Deployment
2016 Toyota Avalon
If the air bag was installed with incorrect fasteners, the fasteners may become loose over time, affecting the air bag deployment and increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Knee Bolster
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2016 Avalon, and 2017 Camry vehicles manufactured August 3, 2016, to September 12, 2016. The front passenger knee air bag module may have been attached to the lower instrument panel with incorrect fasteners.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fasteners, and if necessary, replace the instrument panel brace and body bracket and reattach the air bag assembly, free of charge. The recall began on February 8, 2017. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is G05.
- Documents (12)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- December 13, 2016 DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - TOYOTA DATE: 12/21/2016 TOPIC: Opcodes have been updated
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - CERTAIN 2017 MODEL YEAR CAMRY
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota December 13, 2016 Subject: Safety Recall G05 – Remedy Notice Certain 2016 Avalon and Certain 2017 Camry Incorrect Passenger Knee Airbag Fasteners
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - CERTAIN 2016 MODEL YEAR AVALON
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.