- October 28: Toyota Fuel Pump Recall Expanded to 5.8 Million Vehicles recalls | 27 days ago
- October 19: Toyota Recalls Highlander and Highlander Hybrid SUVs recalls | 36 days ago
- October 13: ZF Airbag Lawsuit Includes 15 Million Vehicles news | 42 days ago
- October 2: Toyota Fuel Pump Recall Fix Lacking, Alleges Lawsuit news | 53 days ago
- September 23: Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid SUVs Recalled recalls | 62 days ago
Toyota Recall 10A: Toyota/Accelerator Cable
1999 Toyota Camry
This could allow the throttle to return to idle or remain in its most recent position regardless of accelerator pedal operation, increasing the risk of a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with cruise control and V6 engines, and built at one of two lines at the Kentucky plant. The accelerator cable housing could be deformed at the cruise control actuator-to-throttle body connection. The accelerator inner-cable could wear away and eventually break.
- Dealers will replace the accelerator cable. Owner notification began February 23, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.