- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 11 days ago
- November 23: Takata Airbag Settlements Reached in Canada news | 11 days ago
- October 26: Toyota Bluetooth Echo Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 39 days ago
- October 20: Toyota Airbag Recall Issued For 928,000 Vehicles recalls | 45 days ago
- October 16: Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended For 2020 Models news | 49 days ago
2003 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2003 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2003 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2003 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
2003 Toyota Camry Miscellaneous Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.