- March 7: Kobe Steel Class-Action Lawsuit Includes Toyota news | 14 days ago
- March 7: Toyota Prius Windshield Cracks Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- March 6: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Equipped With 10-Spoke Wheels recalls | 15 days ago
- February 25: Rear Crash Test Ratings Show Prevention Systems Work news | 24 days ago
- February 20: Toyota Recalls Sequoia and Tundra For Seat and Stability Problems recalls | 29 days ago
2004 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2004 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2004 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2004 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
2004 Toyota Camry Clutch Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.