- January 26: Toyota Brake Booster Pump Class Action Lawsuit Filed news | 1 days ago
- January 24: Toyota Recalls 155,000 Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- January 21: Toyota Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Recall For 3.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 6 days ago
- January 15: Scion FR-S Valve Spring Recall Leads To Lawsuit recalls | 12 days ago
- January 14: Toyota Lexus Fuel Pump Recall Affects 696,000 Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
2005 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2005 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2005 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2005 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
2005 Toyota Camry Steering Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.