- August 1: BMW Recalls 23,000 Vehicles For Seat Belt Retractors recalls | 1 days ago
- July 31: Toyota Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Supra Repairs news | 2 days ago
- July 28: 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Fuel Tank Capacity Questioned news | 5 days ago
- July 21: Toyota Class Action Lawsuit Includes Prius and Lexus CT 200h news | 12 days ago
- July 19: Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Fuel Tank Settlement Allegedly Useless For Owners news | 14 days ago
Toyota TSB #T-SB-0122-11 Rev
2005 Toyota Camry
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT
- Beginning in 1998, Toyota introduced side airbags as optional equipment. Toyota does NOT recommend replacement of original seat covers with non-Toyota leather or other seat cover materials on vehicles due to the following: Seat covers NOT recommended by Toyota may affect side airbag performance, in general or in part, during an accident. Modifications that negatively affect side airbag performance can result in severe occupant injuries. Seat covers are an integral part of this safety system. Replacing fabric seat covers with non-Toyota leather or other seat cover materials may compromise the effectiveness of this safety system. The design of the seat is complex, integrating safety and strength with comfort and luxury. Toyota strongly discourages modifying original equipment seats that have optional side airbags. Additionally, Toyota strongly advises against the installation or use of aftermarket seat covers, which could impair the performance of the side airbags in the event of an accident.
Click a tab for more information.