- November 21: Toyota Highlander Steering Column Recall May Be Needed investigations | 21 days ago
- November 7: 4Runner TRD SUVs Recalled by Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 35 days ago
- November 1: Scion xA Recall Issued in the U.S. recalls | 41 days ago
- October 31: Toyota Recalls Tundra Trucks Over Label Snafu recalls | 42 days ago
- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 51 days ago
Dashboard Material Melting
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 96,450 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 72 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace dashboard (38 reports)
- not sure (23 reports)
- just received a toyota warranty enhancement notification (4 reports)
- toyota sent out letter addressing problem but not a recall (4 reports)
- no (3 reports)
accessories - interior problem