- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 5 days ago
- April 13: Driverless Cars: 66 Percent of Consumers Don't Want Them news | 6 days ago
- March 24: Toyota Camry and Avalon Hybrids Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 26 days ago
- March 4: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 46 days ago
Dashboard Material Melting
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 96,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 74 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace dashboard (38 reports)
- not sure (25 reports)
- just received a toyota warranty enhancement notification (4 reports)
- toyota sent out letter addressing problem but not a recall (4 reports)
- no (3 reports)
accessories - interior problem