- January 10: Toyota and Lexus Recall 601,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 6 days ago
- December 31: Toyota and Lexus Vehicles Recalled to Replace Load Labels recalls | 16 days ago
- December 14: Southeast Toyota Recalls 4Runners to Fix Grilles recalls | 33 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 38 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 62 days ago
NHTSA — Visibility Problems
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 6 of 15)
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 53,360 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
windows / windshield problem