8.4

1. replace dashboard (9 reports)
  3. replace dash (2 reports)
2010 Toyota Camry accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Camry:

2010 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Aug 302021

Camry LE 2.5L

2010 Camry has a very sticky dashboard. The dash is also very easy to remove as it will scrape off with a finger nail or anything that has a point. I have never seen anything like this in a car. It appears the dash materials are melting away.

- redwhite&blue, Allen, US

Mar 122020

Camry 3.2L

Why is my dashboard sticky? We tried cleaning it, but did not help at all !!!!! Is there any recalls? I can’t afford to fix this... I’m still paying on this Camry, so Toyota is going to fix it or have a lawsuit against them!!!!

- Holly S., Hazard, US

Nov 012019

Camry LE 2.4L

The dash has been soft for years. I bought it in 2015. It has gotten progressively worse and now is like fly paper.

- Vinal P., Lewisville, US

Jan 012021

Camry LX V6

My dash is a gooey, sticky nightmare. In addition, as a dog owner dog hair adheres to the dash. The dash board is shiny. And as a result, when the car is driven we cover the dash in preferably something dark or black and non reflective. Otherwise the reflective dash hinders the view which makes for a very dangerous driving experience. Shame on Toyota. Will someone have to die to remedy this horror?

- toysux, Lexington, US

Jun 032019

Camry LE 2.5L

click to see larger images

melting dashboard

The dash began becoming sticky which makes it impossible to clean and when driving there is a terrible glare in my line of vision. It would be great if it could be replaced by Toyota and if they know this is a problem, maybe there should be another way of doing the dashboards in the vehicles. I love my car but hate the dash. I would really like to have it fixed by the company.

- Billie M., Loris, US

May 012019

Camry SE 2.5L

About 3 to 4 months ago we noticed the dashboard was getting sticky. We tried to clean it with a rag and water. Did not work. Then the problem got worse when the dash became oily to the touch and started to shine to the point it was hard to see out the windshield at times. Called Toyota, they said we need to contact the dealer. We are in the process of doing that, but from what I heard the dealers are not replacing dashboards anymore.

- peace42, Glen Mills, US

Apr 032019

Camry V6

I have a 2010 Camry and the dashboard is very sticky and has started to break-off in places. The glare from this sticky mess is becoming unbearable. I need this problem fixed. Is there a recall on this issue?

- Carolyn A., Milledgeville, US

Oct 102018

Camry LE

The dashboard in my car is shiny and it reflects the light in its presence. The reflection makes it difficult to see through, especially during the day.

- Utsav N., Irving, US

Camry SE 3.2L

This melting, sticky dash has been slowly getting worse. I noticed it about around the end of June 2017 and I just thought it was because it was hot. So I tried to clean it and wash it was several cleaners, but nothing worked. I never got any time of recall notice from Toyota about the problem with the dash deteriorating. And it never dawned on me to check online to see if any others had this issue. Now when you touch the dash your fingers/hand or anything that touches it sticks to it. If whatever touches it has any weight it, it leaves an indention or mark that doesn't go away. I'm worried that if I were in an accident that the dash would just crumble and not protect my family or myself. I read now that Toyota did replace the dashes on several of the cars, but the time frame has expired. I was never aware of this and my dash didn't have any issues until after the time frame had expired. So we are just SOL with their faulty product? That is total bull sh*t. Has anyone else had them replace the dash after the time frame expired? I need help, I'm fearful to drive my car, but I have to since it's my only one. Shouldn't Toyota have sent out a recall notice t everyone that was affected?

- Jessica D., Partlow, US

Aug 012018

Camry 2.5L

click to see larger images

melting dashboard

It's horrible. I've tried a number of things and nothing works.

- Amy W., Crossville, AL, US

Camry SE

Melting dashboard - disgusting, sticky, unable to clean the dust. Can't even touch it, my fingernails will be stuck and create a dent ... Makes horrible shine to windshield!

- clan, Davie, US

Nov 222016

Camry LS

I CAN'T EVEN CLEAN THE DASHBOARD BECAUSE THE LINT OF THE RAG WOULD STAY ON, IT'S DISGUSTING. I NEED TO REPLACE IT OR ELSE I WILL NOT BUY ANY TOYOTA.

- colors8907, Los Angeles, US

Camry SE V4

Back in late May or early June when I tried to clean the dash, I noticed it was sticky. Was not able to clean. Now I see a small crack in the dash.

- Laura H., THORSBY, US

Jan 022017

Camry Limited 3.2L

CANNOT TOUCH THE DASHBOARD WITHOUT MAKING AN INDENTATION IN THE DASHBOARD. CANNOT PLACE ANYTHING ON THE DASHBOARD AS IT STICKS THERE, AND WHEN IT IS REMOVED RESIDUE REMAINS AND IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE.

- Hal M., Mauldin, SC, US

Jan 122015

Camry SE 4 cyl

I live in south Georgia. It is hot here. The dashboard is melting and is very sticky to the touch. It has a wet look and reflects glare, making it unsafe to drive. It sucks!

- Lisa H., Thomasville, GA, US

May 222016

Camry

Although we did not notice it at first, as the summer wore on the dash became more of a problem. I was headed from North Carolina to Ohio for my grandmother's funeral when I noticed the problem was more than just a sticky dashboard. When driving at night the glare from the dashboard reflects on the window creating a significant hazard when driving. Not exactly an ideal time to find out the car you had recently purchased was barely drive-able at night!

- Beanie T., Elkin, NC, US

May 302015

Camry LX V4

I have never experienced anything like this before. It is horrible. The dashboard is literally melting on a vehicle is only 5 years old. Toyota does not seem to keep up with the quality no more.

- jennytx, Tomball, TX, US

Jun 122013

Camry LS 2.5L

Sticky and chemical smell emitting from the dash in the Texas sun.

- glovertx, Canyon Lake, TX, US

Sep 012012

Camry

Melting dashboard - disgusting, sticky, every little scratch turns deep- or nip from my fingernail and chunk come off.... Makes horrible shine to windshield! Toyota will fix it with no labor cost but you have to pay for the piece although it's their defect! Wtf!?! ' Nuffi said. Heard there's a class action lawsuit filed..

- Jeanette G., Hialeah, FL, US