- July 15: Toyota To Pay $15.8 Million in California Dealership Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- July 14: Toyota Prius c Recall Issued Over DC-DC Converters recalls | 2 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Settlement Approved news | 30 days ago
- May 25: Toyota Says 4Runner Rusted Frame Lawsuit Should Go news | 52 days ago
- May 14: Toyota Prius Inverter Failure Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 63 days ago
Toyota Recall SET16B: Seat Heater Electrical Wiring
2010 Toyota Camry
If damaged, the copper strand heating element may short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire.
Seats — Front Assembly — Seat Heater/Cooler
- Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain 2005-2011 4Runner, Highlander, Sequoia, and Sienna, 2005-2010 Avalon and Tundra, 2006-2008 Camry Solara, 2006-2010 Highlander hybrid, 2006-2011 Rav4 and Tacoma, 2007-2010 FJ Cruiser, 2007-2011 Camry hybrid, 2009-2010 Venza, 2010-2012 Prius, 1988-1990 and 2005-2010 Camry, and 1989 and 2009-2010 Corolla vehicles equipped with aftermarket accessory seat heaters with a copper strand heating element. The electrical wiring in the seat heaters may be damaged when the seat cushion is compressed.
- SET will notify owners, and dealers will disconnect the seat heaters, free of charge, and refund the purchase price of the seat heater accessory. The recall began on July 14, 2016. Owners may contact SET customer service at 1-866-405-4226. SET number for this recall is SET16B.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Non-Compliance Recall SET-16B – Remedy Available
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect 573 Report
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.