2012 Toyota Camry miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry:

2012 Toyota Camry Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 012019

Previously submitted

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Aug 012019

Camry

Takata recall, my car has been shooting ice from the vents on the passenger side and sometimes the driver side. Also, when the green eco light comes on the car starts shaking. I¿ve have several diagnostic test done on the car and there are no codes appearing. This typically happens when the vehicle is in motion and sometimes when I start the car if the ac was on before I briefly turn it off. As far as the shaking it only does it when the eco light comes on and then the light will flicker and turn off and immediately the car will stop vibrating.

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Jul 012019

Camry

Air-conditioning unit malfunctions causing water to drip inside the cabin under the front seats. As a result, the carpet under the front seats gets wet and moldy, creating a foul smell in the cabin and making it difficult to breathe normally. The fault in the air-conditioning system causes health problems. This is a known and long-standing defect and is mentioned on discussion websites, such as car.complaints.com. Toyota states that my car was recalled in 2013 for an air-conditioning problem and was repaired. As a consumer, it is difficult to know, whether this current issue is caused by the same mechanical defect that they repaired in 2013. But as it is now, it is not possible to drive this car because I fear for my long-term health.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jul 092019

Camry

While driving the Camry in automatic the transmission appears to downshift slowly and drag

- Taswell, IN, USA

Jan 012019

Camry

The transmission fills like it is slipping when I get between 25 -50 mph. And it is getting worse

- Bay St Louis, MS, USA

Jul 202019

Camry

While driving and running my vehicle ac, I began hearing a "liquid swishing" noise, often when turning or coming to a stop. Later, when parked, I noticed the mat/carpet under the drivers seat was wet. Upon further inspection a few days later, the mat was still soaked and there was standing water there, as well soaked carpet behind the passenger seat. From research, this appears to be a more common issue with the 2012 Camry if the ac comes loose or becomes clogged.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Jun 032019

Camry

Takata recall the driver door is not locking or unlocking when button is pushed on the remote or any buttons in the car at any time. The only way to lock or unlock is to use the key in the door or to manually lock and unlock actual lock. It's not safe as the car sounds as if it's locking but the drivers door is not and gives the opportunity for someone to get in my car that is not to be in my car. Has been on and off since about January 2019 but stopped working 6/3/2019.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Nov 142018

Camry

Cuando el vehÍculo estÁ en movimiento tiene un ruido dentro del panel de instrumento como si un metal estuviera golpeando otro metal no SE lo que

- Vayamos, PR, USA

Feb 032015

Camry

The audio system when connected to usb don¿T respond some times. Touch screen is soo cheap. In built gps responds very slowly.ex: While taking exit it says just before the exit comes. The screen some times flickers when we change to reverse when the reverse camera displays. Totally not satisfied with audio and gps system. It's even more costly. 90% costumes don¿T use the gps in the car for real due to bad maps and software.

- Eden Prairie, MN, USA

Aug 152018

Camry

My 2012 Camry with only 60,123 miles is failing the torque converter so that is mean like transmission problems

- Tappan, NY, USA

Dec 072018

Camry

Trunk fall on your head.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Apr 072018

Camry

I just purchased my 2012 Toyota Camry with 77,000 miles on the spedometer. About a week later after driving this vehicle. I notice the traction control light, ABS light, and brake light all came on at the same time. The lights will not go out until you turn off the vehicle. Sometimes when you start the vehicle, these lights come on and it will not allow you to take the vehicle out of park. This vehicle also feels like you about to hydroplane while driving around 25 mph, which feels unsafe. I've taken this vehicle bake to the dealer, and they stated that they needed to replace a brake assembly switch. I have done some research on this same vehicle, and found out that the brake assembly switch was change and they still had the same problem. The traction control, ABS light, and brake light only comes on when you apply the brakes at low speed.

- Loganville, GA, USA

Aug 252018

Camry

Car hesitates and looses power while moving forward and while exiting and or starting up from an intersection. Rear cars and myself are in danger. This problem is from a dead stop as well as from slow speed while turning and leaving an intersection.this camery was purchased in 2015, and the dealership has refused to acknowledge this problem since first reported, which was in 2015. Over 300 Toyota customers have reported this problem over the past 5-7 years.

- Tiverton, RI, USA

Aug 012018

Camry

I was driving on a busy 3 lane road at about 35 mph and the car just cut off. No warning lights came up on the dashboard. I do not know what components of the car caused it to cut off. I put the car in park and tried to restart it but nothing happened. I put on the emergency lights, got out of the car and waved to oncoming traffic to alert them that the car was stopped in the middle of the road. I was almost killed, and worst yet, others could have been seriously killed or injured as well. A young man stopped and pushed the car out of traffic. After a few minutes I tried to start the car again. It started and I was able to get to work but needless to say my nerves are rattled. I have called the dealership to have it looked at.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Aug 302012

Camry

At night on hills and curvy roads the top third of the windshield becomes very dark and it is hard to see anything in front of me. I have tried using my brights which helps a little, but when oncoming cars are near I have to switch back to the regular headlights. This has been a problem since I purchased the car in August 2012.

- Howard Beach, NY, USA

May 072018

Camry

Driving car and I was stopped at intersection on a foggy morning about 6:15 am. Went to turn right at intersection and saw what I thought was a dense amount of fog flow across the front of my car. As I drove down the road, I smelled something burning, saw some smoke from under the front hood. An alarm went of and my dash displayed the warning hybrid system malfunction. Then fire started coming out from under the hood and up along the front windshield. I was just passing a gas station at the time so I continue to drive down pass the gas station and then pulled the car over to the side of the road and existed the car. The nearest fire company was out on a call, so the car continued to burn for about 30 minutes. As a result the entire front half of the car was completing burnt. Had no problems with the car prior to this fire. In fact, I drove it 176 miles the night before the fire. Learned after I existed the car while it was on fire, that a driver coming up the road behind me after I turned at the intersection, noticed sparks and/or flames shooting out from under my car. She was flashing her headlights at me, but I did not notice her.

- Philipsburg, PA, USA

Apr 142018

Camry

Unintended acceleration in reverse while backing out of parking space in a parking lot. The vehicle accelerated very fast, resulting in extensive damage to vehicle and two other parked vehicles.

- Martinez, GA, USA

Mar 132017

Camry

From a stopped position, acceleration hesitates between 2nd and 3rd gear. It does not do it when slowing and then accelerating. Unsafe for pulling into traffic.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jan 202018

Camry

My Toyota Camry 2012 SE has 80,000 miles on it and it started to do a hard shift into second gear that resulted in me needing a new transmission. I see online that a lot of people are having transmission issues with their 2012 Camry. I can't believe this hasn't been recalled already"!"! I take very good care of my car and have always enjoyed owning a Toyota but now I have lost faith in the quality of the brand. If Toyota doesn't fix this problem and I then I am done with Toyota.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 302017

Camry

My Toyota when I go 40 miles to 60 between it starts to shake and vibrate when I push the gas not stops so if I had to guess just a little bit starts to shutter more starts to shake and then she just pisses me off I owe $13,000 on this car right now I'm definitely going to take it back and see what's going on but by reading all the problems that you guys have and you guys win big and nobody fixed it I don't think they're going to do anything about my car they should do a recall I'm disappointed in Toyota I usually love Toyota report abuse

- Arlington, TX, USA