- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 12 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 51 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 58 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 61 days ago
- July 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Tacoma and 4Runner recalls | 63 days ago
NHTSA — Traction Control System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2008 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2008 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2008 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
2.2hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 69,938 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: