- September 6: Toyota Invests $500 Million in Ride-Sharing Giant Uber news | 15 days ago
- September 5: Toyota Prius Recall Issued For Risk of Fires recalls | 16 days ago
- September 3: Toyota Cleared in Crash of 2005 Tundra news | 18 days ago
- August 31: 2012 Toyota Avalon Recalled For Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 21 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 21 days ago
2008 Toyota Corolla
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2008 Corolla. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2008 Corolla is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models have an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about Toyota unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where now the NHTSA data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Toyota acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2008 Corolla, our data for the Corolla is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Corolla's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.