- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 27 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 36 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 74 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 88 days ago
Toyota Recall : Toyota/Brake System
2001 Toyota Highlander
The increased pedal stroke will lengthen the stopping distance of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Master Cylinder
- Vehicle description: Sport utiity vehicles. The reservoir filler cap of the brake master cylinder may induce a vacuum, introducing some air into the brake master cylinder reservoir. This could cause abnormal brake noise and increased pedal stroke when the brakes are applied.
- Dealers will bleed the air from the brake lines and replace the reservoir filler cap. Owner notification began July 30, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.