- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- April 4: 2018 Toyota Tacoma Bent Rear Axle Warped Brake Drums: Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- April 3: Toyota Recalls 6,000 Vehicles to Replace Vacuum Pumps recalls | 23 days ago
- April 2: EPA Says Vehicle Emissions Standards Are Too High news | 24 days ago
- March 28: Recall: 2018 Toyota Camry Cars May Need New Engines recalls | 29 days ago
Toyota Recall : Toyota/Brake System
2001 Toyota Highlander
The increased pedal stroke will lengthen the stopping distance of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Master Cylinder
- Vehicle description: Sport utiity vehicles. The reservoir filler cap of the brake master cylinder may induce a vacuum, introducing some air into the brake master cylinder reservoir. This could cause abnormal brake noise and increased pedal stroke when the brakes are applied.
- Dealers will bleed the air from the brake lines and replace the reservoir filler cap. Owner notification began July 30, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.