- January 9: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.7 Million Lexus and Toyota Vehicles recalls | 14 days ago
- December 20: 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Transmission Recall Issued recalls | 34 days ago
- December 18: Toyota 4Runner Frame Rust Lawsuit Says SUVs Are Dangerous news | 36 days ago
- December 15: Toyota Tacoma Recall Issued To Replace Master Cylinders recalls | 39 days ago
- December 15: Toyota Recalls Corolla, Sequoia, Tundra and Lexus SC recalls | 39 days ago
Toyota Recall : Toyota/Brake System
2001 Toyota Highlander
The increased pedal stroke will lengthen the stopping distance of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Master Cylinder
- Vehicle description: Sport utiity vehicles. The reservoir filler cap of the brake master cylinder may induce a vacuum, introducing some air into the brake master cylinder reservoir. This could cause abnormal brake noise and increased pedal stroke when the brakes are applied.
- Dealers will bleed the air from the brake lines and replace the reservoir filler cap. Owner notification began July 30, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.