— More problems with Daimler Vans have caused a recall of 19 model year 2018-2019 Sprinter and Metris vans that left the reassembly plant without the final quality inspection of safety-relevant parts or bolt connections.
The government says "unknown safety risks" may exist if customers don't identify loose parts.
The Metris and Sprinter recall is expected to begin November 18, 2019.
The vans will be returned to the reassembly plant so they can undergo comprehensive inspections and repairs.
Van owners with questions should call Daimler at 877-762-8267 and refer to recall number VSX566ZP25.
Daimler Sprinter customers have received multiple recall notices since 2018, as can be seen below.
- Mercedes and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled Over Airbag Systems
- Mercedes and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled For Loose Hoods
- Sprinter 1500, 2500, 3500 and 4500 Vans Recalled
- Mercedes Sprinter Vans Have High-Beam Headlight Problems
- 2019 Freightliner Sprinter and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans Recalled
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Recalled Over Fog Lights
- Recall: Stop Driving Your 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30
- Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Recalled To Fix Door Locks
- Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Recalled Over Welds
- Daimler Recalls Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans For Takata Airbags
- Sprinter 3500 Vans Recalled Due to Crosswind Assist