— Daimler is recalling 2018-2019 Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner Sprinter vans because the airbag systems may not have been turned on after the vehicles were manufactured.
In the U.S., about 1,230 vans are recalled and another 28 are recalled in Canada.
The U.S. recall is expected to begin November 18, 2019, when dealership technicians will inspect the airbag systems and make sure they are active and working.
Sprinter van owners may call 877-762-8267 and ask about recall number VS3AIRIGEL.
Sprinter van customers in Canada can reach the automaker at 800-387-0100.
Read about Daimler Sprinter recalls announced since 2018.
- Mercedes and Freightliner Sprinter Vans Recalled For Loose Hoods
- Sprinter 1500, 2500, 3500 and 4500 Vans Recalled
- Mercedes Sprinter Vans Have High-Beam Headlight Problems
- 2019 Freightliner Sprinter and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans Recalled
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 Recalled Over Fog Lights
- Recall: Stop Driving Your 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30
- Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Recalled To Fix Door Locks
- Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Recalled Over Welds
- Daimler Recalls Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans For Takata Airbags
- Sprinter 3500 Vans Recalled Due to Crosswind Assist