2010 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 27 of 38)

Nov 302011

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While the vehicle was in park, the key failed to eject from the ignition and remained in the off position. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 30,000. Updated 4/20/15

- Muncie, IN, USA

Feb 272015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Upon starting the car, particularly on damp and/or cold mornings, the electrical system goes haywire. There is no power to the dash, the headlights blink on and off, the locks stop working, the wipers go on by themselves and remain on for the duration of the event. This happens whether the car is parked or in motion. It is not known whether this is impacting the air bags; the fuel gauge reads zero, so it's not known if this will impact the car's ability to continue running; it is also a major distraction if trying to drive. The duration varies, from one minute to 20 minutes. This youtube video shows the exact same thing happening on another 2010 Town and country; the owner in the video reports that it was brand new at the time: Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=otntkk0kx5Y.

- Westland, MI, USA

Mar 132015

Town & Country 6-cyl

All systems shut off while driving at approximately 50mph including power steering, power brakes, engine and other electrical systems.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Mar 132015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Van unexpectedly shut down completely. Idle at red stop light, noticed traction control sensor was stuck on even though road conditions were normal, no rain, no snow so didn't think much of it. Seconds past, stop light turned green, went to drive via giving the car gas and nothing happened, brakes weren't being recognized, steering was extremely tight. Realized at that point that the van completely shut down (in drive! ignition on!) was able to coast to the side. Turned ignition to off, restarted. Now afraid to drive because I don't understand what happened. I could have totally been rear ended since this happened so suddenly. I was lucky to not be on a major street or roadway. Now I am getting no answers from Chrysler Corp. I feel its part of this revised L25 recall I seen on NHTSA.

- Elwood, IL, USA

Mar 072015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan full of girl scouts and the engine shutoff without warning. A car came very close to hitting us. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit us.

Feb 282015

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Feb 032015

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my kids to school in my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and glided over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Jan 192015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan to work and the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. I could have been severely been injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Jan 072015

Town & Country

Dec 232014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff without any warning! I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My whole family was with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Oct 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and I glided over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Aug 192014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not drive as the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and glided over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Jul 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff with no warning. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the cars behind me had hit me.

Jun 112014

May 292014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan and the engine shutoff without any warning! I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Apr 032014

Mar 252014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan on the way down to orlando, Florida and the engine completely shutoff without any warning. I almost got hit by multiple cars on the interstate as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My whole family was with me. We could all have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.**this is ridiculous! a serious safety issue!**

Mar 032014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving to work my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine completely shutoff on a main street! I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. I could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me. **this is a huge safety issue**

Jan 202014

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine just shutoff without any warning on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Oct 192013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a Chicago interstate. I almost got hit by multiple cars behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been serously injured if the case behind me had hit me.