2010 Ford Escape engine problems

2010 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 2 of 28)

Aug 292015

Escape

Tell us what happened: Was completely stopped and took off slightly pressing the gas pedal and it felt like it tried to stall out and then lunged forward. The service wrench came on and we stopped and turned the vehicle off then started it again and that time both service wrench and service engine light came on. Went in to get the engine light tested and the result was throttle actuator control and throttle body range, code P2119

- Kingfisher, OK, USA

Aug 292015

Escape

Was completely stopped and took off slightly pressing the gas peddle and it felt like it tried to stall out and then lunged forward. The service wrench came on and we stopped and turned the vehicle off then started it again and that time both service wrench and service engine light came on. Went in to get the engine light tested and the result was throttle actuator control and throttle body range, code P2119

- Kingfisher, OK, USA

Aug 152015

Escape

I had my Escape in for the recall to have the throttle body updated in 8/6/2014. At the time of the recall I had not had any problems with the throttle. 1 year later while driving on the highway I lost acceleration, my cruise went off and the wrench light came on, pulled over and started it up again, no wrench light. Happens again. Also when I slow down and stop for lights, stop sign the rpms go up and down like it's going to kill. Made appontment to have it checked, of course I will get stuck paying for it but will fight till my dying day. Ford get your sh*t together and fix this issue. As soon as I can I wiil sell and not buy another Ford product for the rest of my life. Social network here I come. I will hollar at the tops of my lungs so every one hears how Ford sucks. I will update after the appointment with the Ford dealership!!!

- Champlin, MN, USA

Jul 282015

Escape

We lost power from our gas pedal. Then it got hot. Then it would not move.

- Fairview, PA, USA

Jun 282015

Escape

The first time it happened, we were on our way to a funeral, an hour away, driving our 2010 Escape about 55 mph. Everything was fine and then the car jerked, the wrench light came on - had no acceleration, no power steering, no control. It was scary! luckily, my husband was able to pull to the side of the road without incident. Turned the car off and said a prayer of thanks! car started back up after a couple of minutes, although not easily. Did the same thing on our way back home. Suffice it to say, this problem continued to happen. Found out the car is going into "safe mode". my husband drives an hour to work (each way), all highway, approx. 70-75 mph and about halfway through his commute, the problem will happen. He has to get out of the way of the other drivers and find a safe spot to park. Not always an easy task on the highway. Took the car to the local Ford dealership for this problem and other recall work (14S05 and 13B17). They told us they would take care of the issues. The next day, the wrench light came on, the check engine light is on and same problem still happens, although now the car drives in a lower gear and eventually you can accelerate, but not quickly. Still not safe on the highway. Found out today, dealership will look at the diagnostic code for $70 to see if there is a problem. Ridiculous!! they aren't the ones in an unsafe car!

- Findlay, OH, USA

Dec 042013

Escape

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Escape. While driving 40 mph, an unknown warning light illuminated and the vehicle speed independently decreased to 10 mph. The contact stated that the steering wheel was difficult to maneuver and required excessive force. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic but the failure was unable to be duplicated. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000. Updated 10/06/15

- Elizaville, NY, USA

Jun 272015

Escape

While driving at a regular speed of aprx 60mph, my car would make impulses and accelerate by itself.on a couple of times, I almost rear ended the cars ahead of me. And when I would come to a stop sign or red light, my car would stop in the middle of the road. Took it for an inspection, the told me it was the trottle what was giving me a problem. I looked up online and it seems like this is a very common problem for Ford Escapes 2010. Please take care of this. Its an awful feeling when you are driving on a curb at 60 mph and suddenly your car accelerates. Don't wait until someone gets hurt to do something about this. Its always better and cheaper to prevent problems instead of fixing them.

- Frederick, MD, USA

May 162015

Escape

I was driving on the road and my gas pedal went soft. I could not get any speed and I had to pull over in order to avoid from being hit in the middle of traffic.now my car is in the shop which cost money.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 132015

Escape

Turn into a parking space and hit the brake to stop, car surged forward and jumped the curb. Hit a bus shelter, side swiped a tree, then jump curb back to parking lot before Escape came to a full stop. First time sled on a small patch of ice car surged brakes never took hold slid and avoided and street light and a tree before coming to a full stop. Took car to shop for oil change had brakes checked said no problem. But sometimes this SUV has a power surge when appling brakes.

- Cleveland Heights, OH, USA

Apr 052015

Escape 6-cyl

Driving normally, throttle control powertrain warning light comes on, check engine light comes on, car gas pedal does not work, engine idles and does not accelerate. When you shut the car all the way off and wait then restart the engine the car works as normal again.

- Woodbury, NJ, USA

Dec 232014

Escape 4WD 4-cyl

When driving primarily at low or declining speeds as in anticipation of a stop light or turn into my driveway, when I slow down and then slightly accelerate (either into the driveway or if the light changes before I have fully stopped), I notice a stall or pause in acceleration. This has happened a number of times but I only recently realized the consistent scenario. I had possibly the same symptom at higher speed when driving on the freeway, noticing the speed would seem to fluctuate oddly while in rapid and quick succession like it was trying to decide whether to accelerate or decelerate. I am very concerned that this is a sign of a failing throttle body per a Ford recall. After reading about this failure, I am convinced it is so. My dealership tells me they can only diagnose a total failure of this part--which seems to me like my life is at risk to being hit from behind or from the side if the car stalls in heavy traffic. I am becoming afraid to drive this car. If the part is bad are we just going to sacrifice a few people's lives before holding a congressional investigation"? how many is enough"

- Redmond , WA, USA

Oct 212014

Escape

I have had the two recalls fixed in July for my 2010 Ford Escape. However, in the past two months my car has been in the shop regarding the (wrench light) throttle/powertrain light coming on. My car looses power when I accelerate and the light comes on. It goes off once I turn off the car which is making it very difficult for the dealership to identify the problem. They claim they can't find anything and unfortunately I can't get the car to the dealership when the light is on. They have run a history for the codes that have come up on the car, but there are no recent codes/problems. I keep telling them that I am having the same problems listed in the Ford recall notice but I am told that there is nothing they can do if there is no code showing a problem. I am terrified to drive my son in this car. I also commute 100 miles daily down a very busy highway and I am worried that the car will die and I won't be able to pull off the road safely. Ford needs to do something immediately because the problem with the Escape has not been fixed!

- Raytown, MO, USA

Sep 302014

Escape 4-cyl

I was driving home after picking my children up from school. I was going about 45 mph when suddenly I lost acceleration to the car. The car decreased speed very fast and the vehicle behind me had to slam on their brakes and came very close to hitting me. A wrench light came on. Come to find out Ford is aware of a throttle issue and have a extended warranty. I am confused to why this hasn't been called for recall. This is so dangerous to all of us. The safety of my family has been put in danger due to this issue that Ford is aware. Including the NHTSA is aware of this issue. Are we waiting for lives to be taken to make this a recall" not once Ford sent me a letter, email, or even called me to inform there was a extended warranty to get this issue fixed. As I spoke with Ford, one of the agents said "we are being proactive and getting this issue fixed for free." What a joke. I can't imagine if I was on a major highway going 65mph. This is very dangerous and needs to be resolved right away. Is there a number of people that must die before NHTSA make this a recall? if NHTSA and Ford know there is an issue with this equipment why not get this fixed"

- Middletown, DE, USA

Jul 272014

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

My family and I were traveling hwy 113 in va coming back to pa from nc. My husband accelerated to pass a vehicle. After passing, our vehicle began losing acceleration...my husband pushed the gas pedal to the floor and was not getting any acceleration. The wrench light illuminated and we had to make an emergency stop on the side of the highway while cars were passing us and coming up on us quickly. We came to a stop and the vehicle began to stall. My husband shut the vehicle off, waiting a minute and restarted. The vehicle seemed to run fine the rest of the way to pa. We called the dealership the following day (Monday) and were told they could not get the vehicle in until 8/4. I began finding info on the web regarding Ford's customer satisfaction program 13N03 regarding the throttle body. I took the vehicle in and was told there were not any codes showing on the computer. They refused to replace the throttle body. I was told to drive the vehicle and if it happened again to bring it back. I refused and insisted they replace it. I am now still fighting with Ford to reimburse me. I have sent letters to Ford only to receive a "form letter" back from them suggesting that I take the vehicle to the dealership to determine if the throttle body needs replacement...I had it replaced already...they obviously do not read letters sent to them. I will keep fighting but I do not understand why the NHTSA continues to receive complaints about this issue and does nothing about it. It is a huge safety issue! shame on Ford and the NHTSA!

- Morgantown, PA, USA

Sep 292014

Escape 4-cyl

While driving into work with my cruise control set at 60mph, my vehicle suddenly sputtered and the cruise control disengaged and there seemed to be a loss of power. I remember this description from the throttle bottle notification I received from Ford a few months back. I had taken my Escape into the dealership on 9/11/14 to have this taken care off and now 2 weeks later my vehicle now has the throttle control/powertrain warning light on and is showing all signs of the notification from Ford. I know this issue has already been addressed, but now I am questioning as to whether or not Ford is actually fixing the problem.

- Waterford, MI, USA

Sep 192014

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

Acceleration ability stopped abruptly on the interstate; had to coast to shoulder. Engine trouble/wrench light illuminated. Had it towed to transmission shop. Have fully documented P2112 code indicating throttle body assembly problem. Vehicle has experienced other shuddering/gear changing in the past, documented with the dealership. Ford refuses to service it under recall extended warranty because they didn't see the code. I did not know it should have been towed directly to them. Would be nice to receive this information from the dealership before it occurs. Dealership told me "next time" it happens to pull over, turn it off, restart it and drive it in to them for the necessary service. Ford customer service toll free representative said that it is not save once the light is on and should not be restarted and driven again. This is ludicrous: They are not taking responsibility nor providing safe and accurate information.

- Maple Plain, MN, USA

Feb 012012

Escape

I was driving to go to lunch when my throttle body just stopped working in the middle of the road. I was unable to drive my vehicle to a safe location out of the way of traffic. I had to shut it off several times to just get it a side road. I have contacted Ford in regards to being reimbursed for having this part replaced which I paid for out of my own pocket and they are not willing to reimburse me stating that the date for reimbursement was over July 31st 2014. I have found on the NHTSA that the warranty is good for 10 years or 150,000 miles from the data of original purchase, which I purchased the car in November 2012 and there is only 55,000 miles on it which is clearly under the warranty. I had the part replaced at bartow Ford in bartow, fl and the are refusing to reimburse me as well.

- Auburndale, FL, USA

Sep 042014

Escape 4-cyl

While on a busy 6 lane hwy., I was at a center turn lane and completed my turn when light changed, then went to make my right turn on to the next road.... when my cars started to shake very badly and lost all power down to a crawl, and then stall, with cars behind me almost rear ending myself!! with horns blaring I was able to restart it to only have it do it again, only this time I was able to pull into the oil change shop there on that corner, where they checked for codes & found the "tac system stuck open"... they checked all fluids and I drove to the local repair shop and went on to work to start researching the problem!!

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Aug 262014

Escape 4-cyl

Me and my son were out I was driving around 35- 40 mph and my car started to feel strange out of the blue my wrench light comes on and then my engine light I lose all power I am hitting gas pedal nothing happens. Just stops on busy street. I was terrified for our safety. I turn off car wait a few mins and start again it happened 3 times in a 3 mile radius. Its parked and not risking my life or somebody else.

- Cabot, AR, USA

Aug 012014

Escape 6-cyl

While traveling about 65 mph down the highway my 2010 Ford Escape's engine stopped completely. A warning light (the wrench on the Ford models) came on as a I coasted to a safe spot on the highway. Steering gave out a bit too. Car started right back up after I found a safe location to stop.

- Suffield, CT, USA