- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
1999 Ford Expedition
Worst 1999 Expedition engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- spark plug was blown out of socket30
- blown head gasket4
- engine revs at idle2
- engine stalls and cuts off while driving2
- rough idle stumbles on acceleration2
- coils go bad1
- coils goes bad, truck has no power1
- oil leak from engine1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine106
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline48
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling39
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control21
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control19
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Expedition Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Expedition compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Expedition overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Expedition.