- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- June 3: Ford PowerShift Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus news | 19 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 25 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 28 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 28 days ago
1996 Ford Explorer
body / paint Problems
Worst 1996 Explorer body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- cracked and oxidized paint1
- paint coming off hood and roof1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 32
- NHTSA: Structure14
- NHTSA: Structure: Body6
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members6
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate: Support Device 5
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hood: Hinge And Attachments2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Bumpers1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Roof And Pillars1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 1996 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.