1996 Ford Explorer body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Explorer:

1996 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jan 152011

Explorer XLT 4.0L V6

Well, I don't know how much of this has to do with Ford vs. the previous owner, but the paint on the hood of my Explorer has cracked all the way down to the primer and was terribly oxidized when I bought it. I have also noticed oxidation on the roof, as well as some chipping, and oxidation on the driver's door, around the keypad area and the upper window frame. I have spent several hours attempting to fix the oxidation with various detailing products, but it seems to fade rather quickly to original condition (I have to park outside). However, the cracks are irreparable, they need to be resprayed, so I haven't done anything about it.

- , Colorado Springs, CO, USA