Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Well, it's not a 2002, so it's got that going for it.

2000 Ford Explorer body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Explorer:

2000 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Feb 152014

Explorer XLS 3.2L

My hatch and back window will NOT open. When I need to buy groceries, haul bags of mulch or dog food, load up my dogs, I am unable to put them in the back of the SUV. I have to pull the back seats down in order to put stuff in the back. I am a senior citizen and I have to get my neighbor to take my items out of the back of the SUV.

This is very annoying. I have NO way of doing any of these things.

- , Memphis, TN, USA