CarComplaints.com Notes: Well, it's not a 2002, so it's got that going for it.

2. replace with new tensioners (1 reports)
2000 Ford Explorer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Explorer:

2000 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Dec 292010

Explorer XLT V6 4.0L

Stupid pice of sh*t cars. Worst ever made! And Galpin Ford sucks ass with their mechanics telling you about your problem. They told me my Explorer (Ford Exploder) has a bad torque coverter and fly wheel because it was knocking after spending $500 out of the dealer listening to them saying that was the problem. Now I find out it's not what they told me, it is this pice of sh*t knocking is coming from the engine and not from the tranny. How f*#ked up is that. Seriously never ever will buy a Ford in my lifetime again. Worst experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Glendale, CA, USA

Oct 122009

Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L

2000 Ford Explorer 4.0L, noisy timing chain tensioners, the usual common problem no one has done anything about yet- please let me know if there are any civil actions or where I can sign-up; such an unexpected disappointment SHAME ON FORD!!!!!!!

- , Williamsport, PA, USA