Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

2001 Ford Explorer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 252007

Explorer Sport

So I've heard about the same problem before with this car and I'm searching desperately for answers. The right rear brake light of my explorer is out, but it's not just the bulb. It is a dual filament bulb back there and I have checked to make sure everything about the bulb and circuitry in the back is functioning. It is. I've traced the wire throughout my car. In and out of my computer it is all good. The fuses are all good. I simply cannot figure it out. The only idea I have is that it's some sort of pinched wire. If I tilt my steering column all the way up the brake like works! However the right turn signal light on my dash also lights up. I know this is complicated, but does anyone have any information that might lead to a solution? I'd greatly appreciate it! thanks to anyone who reads this little rant of mine...

- , Moorestown, NJ, USA