Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

2001 Ford Explorer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 032010

Explorer Sport 4.0L

I had recently bought an 01 exp sport and realizied my left rear turn signal and brake light does not work. The weird thing is my running/dim lights all work. Ive checked the bulb and the bulb connector, everything seemd to be fine. . this is definatley not safe b/c on the road i cant let other drivers know when im turning or merging. I just dropped my truck off at the repair shop which cost me $160 for an electric diagnostic, just to find out whats goin on with it ..Such a headache !!

- , Schaumburg, IL, USA