Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

2001 Ford Explorer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Dec 302008

Explorer XLT 4.0L V6

Out of no where, my #10 fuse keeps shorting. I've had our mechanic look at it several different times. It controls my turn signals, rear defrost, temperature display, (and maybe 4WD). My heat didn't work on one occasion, too. About 30 blown chips later, still no fix. I have to purchase a wiring and vacuum diagram for about $60 to find where it is shorting. Until then, I can't drive my car without turn signals!

- , Madison, OH, USA