- August 19: Ford Focus EVAP Purge Valve Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 3 days ago
- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 12 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 20 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 21 days ago
Power Window Stopped Working
2002 Ford Explorer (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,070 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 87 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace window motor (28 reports)
- not sure (25 reports)
- replaced faulty regulator and faulty switch (13 reports)
- replace master switch (9 reports)
- I won't buy Ford again (7 reports)
- find break in red power wire at door hinge and add jumper (2 reports)
windows / windshield problem