- March 24: Ford Edge Door Ajar Light Recall Not Necessary, Say Feds investigations | 1 days ago
- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 3 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 5 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 10 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 20 days ago
Power Window Stopped Working
2002 Ford Explorer (Page 2 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,070 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 87 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace window motor (28 reports)
- not sure (25 reports)
- replaced faulty regulator and faulty switch (13 reports)
- replace master switch (9 reports)
- I won't buy Ford again (7 reports)
- find break in red power wire at door hinge and add jumper (2 reports)
windows / windshield problem