- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 5 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 5 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 9 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 17 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
2003 Ford Explorer
windows / windshield Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
Worst 2003 Explorer windows / windshield Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- power windows stop working29
- rear window hinge fractured, window fell11
- rear window exploded10
- cracked rear window4
- hatch glass flies open while driving2
- rear hatchback window hinges broke2
- back wiper is not working1
- drains are leaking into vehicle1
- glass becoming etched1
- malfunctioning wiper motor1
- rear window cracked1
- rear windshield wiper not working1
- washer fluid sprayer not working1
- wind noise from closed window1
- window closing hard1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Glass, Side/Rear20
- NHTSA: Visibility11
- NHTSA: Visibility: Power Window Devices And Controls7
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield3
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield Wiper/Washer1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.