- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
- January 15: Ford Recalls Edge (Again): Gas Leak Could Cause Fire
- January 14: Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over MyFord Touch Complaints
- January 3: The Worst Cars and Car Problems of 2013
- December 30: Ford Recalls Lincoln MKZ Hybrid For Roll Away Risk
- December 23: The Safest Cars to Drive in 2014
2006 Ford Focus
2 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2006 Ford Focus
Official recall notices have been issued for the 2006 Ford Focus by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. It's important to note that most recalls won't cost you anything to get fixed, so if your car is affected you should call an authorized Ford service shop immediately!
2006 Ford Focus EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS NHTSA Campaign #08E050000
Summary: K2 motor is recalling 1,921 aftermarket headlamps of various models sold for use on the above listed vehicles. These headlamps are missing the amber side reflex reflector which fails to conform with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 108, "lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment."
Consequence: Without the amber side reflex reflectors, the lighting visibility may be affected, possibly resulting in a vehicle crash.
Actions: K2 motor will notify owners and offer a full refund. The recall began on decemeber 17, 2008. Owners may contact K2 motor at 1-909-839-2992. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #08E050000 »
2006 Ford Focus FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE NHTSA Campaign #06E056000
Summary: Certain aftermarket fuel filters sold under the purolator brand name, P/N F65277, shipped from January 16 through June 2, 2006, for use on the above listed passenger vehicles. Due to incorrect design, the quick connectors may not fully seat with the tube interface, even though the person making the connection may believe that the quick connector is fully attached.
Consequence: Failure of this connection could lead to fuel spillage and, in the presence of an ignition source, a fire could occur.
Actions: Ufi will notify owners and replace the filters free of charge. The recall began on August 4, 2006. Owners may contact ufi filters usa at 800-230-5876. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #06E056000 »