2007 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Apr 132013

Accord 4-cyl

I had previously filed a complaint 7/31/2013. Id number: 10532958. Due to the recent recall of air bags Honda had purchased by a certain manufacturer and the time frame being allowed to Honda to rectify, I felt the need to update my complaint. The impact to the car in from was so minimal they did not have a dent, our airbags deployed at 30-35 mph, reading other complaints, yes the sound was horrific, likely to hitting a brick wall, the seat belt tension rod snapped at the impact, my eyelashes were burnt and at the time I reported the complaint I was under the impression that I had suffered two herniate disc's from this. Far worse, one disc had herniated so badly it was pressing against my spinal cord, I was at a 50% risk of becoming completely paralyzed. I had cervical disc removal surgery. Too many complaints about this, either exploding without cause with debris and chemical causing injuries and or not operating at all, peoples lives are at stake, Honda should not be allowed to take their time in assessing these types of damages.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Jul 032014

Accord 4-cyl

While I was driving 40-45 mph I was involved in a car accident which caused my airbag to deploy. I suffered severe burns on both of my hands caused by a powdery substance emitted from the airbag.

- San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA

Jul 072009

Accord 4-cyl

My husband and I were hit by a driver who went thru a red arrow. The air bags did not deploy even though the car was hit on drivers side from the head light past the rear door. Both the windows were broken on driver's side there was glass everywhere, damage was extensive. The driver's and front passengers dual-stage airbags, driver's and front passengers side airbags and side curtain airbags did not deployed. The seat belt on passenger side did not tighten up went passenger was thrust forward. The magnitude and force of the crash caused abrupt jerking to our heads and necks. The range of motion in my neck is very limited I cannot turn head to see blind spots or back out of parking spots when driving. We both have disc problems to our back and neck causing us difficulty when walking, standing or sitting and in our every day living. If the airbags deployed our injuries would not have been so extensive and our lives would be better.the car was repaired using some used parts costing $12,000 to repair. I feel this car is unsafe. Six airbags did not deploy in a major car crash and someone could be driving this car today. We bought this Honda because of all the safety features but they failed to work.

- Laguna Woods, CA, USA

Mar 102014

Accord 4-cyl

We were driving North on interstate 495 in Virginia near mile marker 45.2. we hit a rock in the road puncturing tire. The air bags exploded out of their compartments on passenger side tearing up seat off the car and ceiling compartment of the car. The explosion was so loud it rendered me deaf, but my hearing is cleared up some now.

- Starkville, MS, USA

Apr 132013

Accord 4-cyl

Had to stop short when coming around a bend as a vehicle ahead made a sudden illegal left. Hit last vehicle in line, did not damage car hit at all. My car was damaged left front panel as I swerved left while braking, body damage was only $800 approximately. Air bag damage $5800 approximately. Air bags deployed, mother broken rib, self burnt eyelashes and neck disc injuries.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Jul 202011

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the seat position sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 39,926.

- Milwakee, WI, USA

Dec 262012

Accord 4-cyl

Driving 10mph and just made a left hand turn when the driver side, side curtain airbag deployed. The bag hit the operator in the head /neck area causing pain to his neck. No accident occurred or no obstructions in the road where hit to cause deployment.

- Alllentown, PA, USA

Oct 082012

Accord 4-cyl

I was driving on the interstate with the flow of traffic, approx 60 mph, when there was a sudden explosion, and smoke filled the inside of my Honda Accord. I maintained driving control, and pulled over to the side of the road, after gaining my composure. The passenger side curtain airbags were covering my entire front and rear passenger side. The headliner was ripped, along with the passenger front seat. I realized that the airbags had deployed for no apparent reason.

- Marion, AR, USA

Nov 232011

Accord 4-cyl

I was in the driver seat of my 2007 Honda Accord with a passenger in the right side front seat. I was traveling in the left lane on a highway (476 southbound in Pennsylvania, approximate mile marker 21) at 5:30 am with no cars to my immediate front, side or rear. With no provocation, all of the right side airbags went off, causing damage to the right ear of my passenger as well as myself. There was no impact whatsoever, as well as no potholes or road damage at all. The insurance adjuster as well as the collision center (vinart collision, associated with lehigh valley Honda) both found no impact and no external reason why the airbags would deploy. If there had been another vehicle on the road near me, this could have very easily caused an accident and possibly more severe injuries. I have reported it to american Honda corporation and they sent a representative to look at the vehicle. I have yet to receive any information from them as to why this has occurred.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

Apr 152010

Accord 6-cyl

2007 Honda Accord ex-navigation. I have owned this vehicle since 2010 with 30K. They should be multiple recalls on this vehicle. In 2 occasions on the highway, I was unable to stop this vehicle. I rear ended one vehicle doing 45 mph without the airbags deploying. The airbag light stays on with it flashing. I had a complete brake system overhaul. Second time, the same thing happened. I pressed on the brakes and it takes so long for the vehicle to respond. Dealership told me there was no issue with the airbags or braking system. After both accidents the airbag light flashes and stays on. Also the seat belts stay in a locked position and won't retract. Dealership says the piston in the seat belts were bad. I waited to have them fixed. Good thing because both seat belts retracted after three weeks. Separate issue with the seals on the outer doors. Every time it rains I end up with 3 inches of water on the driver side rear floor. I had the dealership also check this. They said they fixed the problem. All problems still occur to this day. I had owned Honda Accord all my life of 48 years. I have my doubts of ever buying another Honda vehicle after this awful experience.

- Guilford, CT, USA

Aug 232011

Accord 6-cyl

Heavy traffic, large truck in front of me, a large muffler in the middle of my lane in the road, was unable to change lanes due to other vehicles next to me, and was unable to drive off road - barriers set in the berm next to road. Did my best in straddling the muffler, in which it had seemed it would clear the bottom of my car. I didn't clear it, the curtain airbag and seat airbag imploded on the left side of my head/ear (very loud pop and some smoke-type substance in air) on the driver's side, along with my seat belt retracting very tightly. Was able to move the airbag so that I could drive the remaining short distance to my home.

- Merritt Island, FL, USA

Jan 022011

The contact owns 2007 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph in wet pavement, she lost control and crashed into a guard rail. None of the air bags deployed. The contact was injured. The vehicle was towed but had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and they said that they would send a brochure. The failure and current mileages were 40,000.

- Warwick , NY, USA

Dec 152010

Accord 4-cyl

When temperatures are below 20 degrees F my air bag warning light on my dash is illuminated. After the car warms up the light goes off when the ignition switch is cycled.

- Whitefish Bay, WI, USA

Jul 152010

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while he was waiting to pull onto the highway the driver side air bag on the drivers seat and the window air bag deployed. The driver momentarily lost consciousness. The driver was able to continue driving the vehicle to the dealer. The dealer stated that the air bag was not covered under the warranty and he should contact his insurance company. The insurance company also stated that there was nothing they could do. The current and failure mileages were 28,000.

- Selma, CA, USA

Jan 202010

Letter from senator merkley on behalf of constituent lewis mortensen re a defect in Honda vehicles (response directly to constituent) note duplicate letter sent to senator defazio the consumers wife was driving the vehicle. She was within 5 feet of the stop sign, with the intent to make a right turn when she was struck head-on by a 3/4 ton Dodge pickup. The force of the impact pushed the vehicle 65 feet backwards. She suffered a fractured sternum and a laceration on her left leg. The drivers side air bag failed to deploy during the collision.

- Junction City, OR, USA

Apr 242010

I was driving my 2007 Honda Accord and a piece of debris was in the road. Something hit the bottom of my car and caused the air bags to deploy on the passenger side front and back and also seat airbag. The airbags never inflated, just dropped down like a curtain and all the wrinkles are still in there.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 092010

Vehicle was in an accident on eb I-270 which totaled the car and no air bags deployed. Travel speed was 60-65 mph hitting concrete side wall of freeway once in front and once in back of vehicle. Driver slammed head against driver side window as a result.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Oct 242009

I just bought a used Honda Accord 2007 and while driving it back home the SRS driver airbag light went on and has been on and stays on from now on when I start the engine it goes of and then comes on and stays on, this is a safety matter of concern for me as if I get into an accident the airbags won't deploy and I really cant afford to get this fixed as I have read that Honda charges 800 dollars to fix it. Please do something about it. Thanks.

- Richmond Heights, OH, USA

Jan 192009

I was driving down 95N interstate highway in my 2007 Honda Accord when all of a sudden my side airbag curtain deployed on the passenger side. At the time I thought that I was in the middle of a car crash or something flew off of a truck that smashed into my side windows but when I turned to see, all I saw was my side airbag curtain hanging down. The sound alone scared me half to death it was the loudest popping sound I have ever heard! I somehow made my way to the breakdown lane to calm my nervous an try to figure out what happened. When I had the chance to get out an look @ my car I noticed there was no sign of impact (no dents, etc.) I called the dealership that I purchased my car from and explained what happened an they said they have never heard of such a thing happening an if I had replaced anything on my car.. it's a bran new car 1 1/2 yrs old, other than oil changes nothing has been replaced. Thank god no one was in my passenger side seat which doesn't explain why the airbags were on in the 1st place. And thank god I didn't crash due to the horrifying sound and being scared to death! my ears were ringing for a good hour after it deployed. Honda stated that I must have ran something over. They put my car on a lift an said there was a hole on the floor of my car which would have triggered the sensor which then set the airbag off. I know I didn't run anything over... I was just driving down the interstate. They then said that the slightest impact would set the sensor's off. So now my car is in a shop after having no car for 2wks. And I'm paying over a $1000 to get it repaired. Honda has not been helpful in this whole ordeal. Pretty much what I got out of what they said is that anytime that I run over any debris in the road that I now have to worry about my sensor's setting my airbags off. If their sensor's are so sensitive then this can be an ongoing issue and if it happens to someone else the outcome could be alot worse....

- Uxbridge, MA, USA

Dec 052008

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. While driving 30 mph, another vehicle crashed into the front end of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an auto body shop and is currently being repaired. The dealer was notified, but would not assist because the vehicle was not brought to their body shop. The contact sustained minor injuries such as bruises on the knee and head due to striking the steering wheel. A police report was filed. The failure and current mileages were 16,000.

- Hockessin, DE, USA