- April 28: Mazda Mazda3 Clutch Replacements Cause Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- April 16: Mazda CX-5 Brake Pads Subject of Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) news | 20 days ago
- April 10: Mazda Recalls Vehicles That May Lose Steering Control recalls | 26 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 64 days ago
- February 22: Mazda VVT (Variable Valve Timing) Lawsuit Dismissed news | 74 days ago
2008 Mazda CX-7
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2008 Mazda CX-7
Official recalls have been issued for the 2008 Mazda CX-7 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Mazda service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Mazda customer service.
2008 Mazda CX-7 EQUIPMENT NHTSA Campaign #09E011000
Summary: Thule, Inc. Is recalling 2,323 owner-installed roof-mounted fit kits, models 3068 and 3069, manufactured between January 1, 2008 and February 28, 2009 that are used with thule podium foot packs, models 460 and 460R. These fit kits were sold as aftermarket equipment for use on the vehicles listed above. The bolt(s) used to secure the foot to the vehicle was manufactured to a hardness that may cause the bolt(s) to be brittle and potentially break under stress.
Consequence: This may result in the bolt(s) snapping off during use or without a load. The unsecured rack and load can then come loose while driving creating a potential road hazard, possibly resulting in a vehicle crash.
Actions: Thule will mail a retro fit kit along with repair instructions to owners free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin on or before April 13, 2009. Owners may contact thule toll-free at 1-800-238-2388. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #09E011000 »