6.0

2003 Nissan Maxima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Maxima:

2003 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jan 012010

Maxima SE V6

When I accelerate, the engine makes a rattling sound and immediately goes away when I let off the gas. This started at 115,000 miles. I never fixed it. The car is now dead with blown head gasket(s) at 206,000.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA

Aug 162010

Maxima SE V6

My car has been making the rattling noise when i accelerate. It gets really loud at times. When I take my foot off the pedal it stops. What could it be?

- , Springfield, MA, USA

Oct 282011

Maxima SE 3.5L

I bought a used 2003 Nissan Maxima with 125,000 miles on it. I bought it knowing things wouldn't be perfect hinced the named used but a rattling/knocking noises started really bad yesterday. I've done a little research and found that it is anywhere from the timing chain to the alternator (most likely the timing chain). If anyone has suggestions please le me know. I regret buying Nissan now looking and knowing of all the problems they've had.

Thanks,