- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 8 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 28 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 30 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 35 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 44 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 11 of 16)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 89,642 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: