- April 30: Nissan Recalls LEAF and Sentra to Fix Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- April 26: Infiniti Q50 InTouch Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 5 days ago
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 15 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 35 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 37 days ago
Makes Rattling Noise When Starting
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,367 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new timing chain and tensioner guide (10 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- timing chain tensioner is broken cost is $4000 (1 reports)