- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 4 days ago
- January 2: South Korea: BMW, Nissan and Porsche Falsified Documents news | 19 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Recalls Altima, Maxima and Rogue For Airbag Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Sentra Master Cylinder Recalls May Not Have Worked investigations | 24 days ago
- December 26: Nissan Power Valve Screws Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 26 days ago
Makes Rattling Noise When Starting
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,367 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new timing chain and tensioner guide (10 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)
- timing chain tensioner is broken cost is $4000 (1 reports)