- December 17: Nissan Agrees To Settle Delta Stroke Sensor Brake Defect Lawsuit
- December 11: Nissan Recalls Over 800,000 Cars, Minivans and SUVs
- November 28: NHTSA Closes Bosch Power Xpress 240V Investigation
- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 3 of 30)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 11 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 76,963 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.