- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
- March 6: Nissan Recalls 625,000 Altimas With Hoods That Could Fly Open
- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 3 of 12)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 69,268 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.