- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
- October 23: Mazda and Nissan Recall Vehicles With Exploding Air Bags
- October 9: Nissan Recalls Altima to Repair Hoods That Can Fly Open
- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 3 of 30)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 11 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 76,750 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.