- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 25 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 36 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 42 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 45 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 114,927 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 31 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (13 reports)
- new transmission (11 reports)
- rebuild transmission (7 reports)