- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 4 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 11 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 22 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 43 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 117,147 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 27 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (11 reports)
- new transmission (10 reports)
- rebuild transmission (6 reports)