- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 9 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 13 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 20 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 21 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 25 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 116,722 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 29 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- new transmission (10 reports)
- rebuild transmission (7 reports)