- October 25: Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 Transmission Lawsuit Almost Settled news | 1 days ago
- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 5 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 23 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 47 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 56 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,972 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 20 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (11 reports)
- replaced the transmission (6 reports)
- transmission flush (2 reports)
- rebuilt transmission, new head casing (1 reports)