- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 7 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 18 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 20 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls LEAF and Sentra to Fix Airbags recalls | 25 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,568 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- replaced the transmission (6 reports)
- transmission flush (2 reports)
- rebuilt transmission, new head casing (1 reports)