- April 26: Infiniti Q50 InTouch Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 1 days ago
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 11 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 31 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 33 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 38 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
2005 Nissan Maxima (Page 14 of 16)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 6 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 71,392 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: