- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 21 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 45 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 54 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 80 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2009 Nissan Maxima (Page 7 of 7)
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
2.6hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 56,829 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: