- November 23: Honda Sunroof Shattered, Class Action Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- November 15: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 13 days ago
- October 26: Cars With Good Headlight Ratings Mean Less Car Crashes news | 33 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 68 days ago
Acura Recall AS1019XXXX: Accelerator Pedal May Bind/FMVSS 124
2007 Acura TL
If the accelerator pedal binds, the engine may not quickly return to idle after the pedal is no longer pressed, increasing the risk of a crash.
Vehicle Speed Control — Accelerator Pedal
- Dorman Products, Inc. (Dorman) is recalling certain Accelerator Pedal Assemblies part numbers 699-114 and 825-5029-1, sold as replacement parts for 2003-2006 Acura MDX, 2004-2008 Acura TL and TSX, 2003-2007 Honda Accord, 2005-2006 Honda CR-V, 2007-2011 Honda Element, 2005-2008 Honda Pilot and 2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline vehicles. The rotating portion of the accelerator pedal assembly may bind. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 124, "Accelerator Control Systems."
- Dorman will notify owners, and qualified service facilities will replace the affected accelerator pedal assemblies, free of charge. The recall began December 9, 2019. Owners may contact Dorman customer service at 1-800-523-2492, using option 5. Dorman's number for this recall is AS1019XXXX.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.