- December 15: German Authorities Find More VW Emissions Defeat Devices news | 2 days ago
- December 10: UK Authorities Ban BMW i3 Advertisement news | 7 days ago
- December 7: BMW Recalls 3,100 Vehicles to Fix Instrument Panel Lights recalls | 10 days ago
- December 4: BMW N20 and N26 Engine Lawsuit Blames Timing Chains news | 13 days ago
- December 2: BMW Recalls 2014-2018 i3 Electric and Hybrid Cars recalls | 15 days ago
2017 BMW X1
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2017 BMW X1
Official recalls have been issued for the 2017 BMW X1 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2017 BMW X1 AIR BAGS NHTSA Campaign #16V914000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2017 BMW 640i, 640i xDrive, 650i, 650i xDrive, M6, 535i, 535i xDrive, 430i, 430i xDrive, 440i, 440i xDrive, M4, X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i, i3, i8, Rolls-Royce Dawn, Mini Clubman Cooper, Clubman Cooper S, Cooper All4, Cooper S All4, Mini 4-Door Cooper, Cooper S, Mini 2-Door Cooper, Cooper S, John Cooper Works and 2016 BMW 528i, 528i xDrive, 535i, 535i xDrive, 550i, 550i xDrive, M5 and 535d vehicles. The affected vehicles have seat- mounted side air bag inflator initiators that may fail to ignite during a crash.
Consequence: If the air bag inflator initiator fails to ignite, the seat-mounted air bag will not deploy, increasing the risk of injury.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the air bag modules, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V914000 »