- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 10 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 11 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 13 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 17 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 01073: GM/Multifunction Switch
2000 Chevrolet Blazer
The loss of stop lamps and rear hazard lamps could fail to warn a following driver that the vehicle is braking and/or is stopped and could result in a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Brake Lights — Switch
Exterior Lighting — Hazard Flashing Warning Lights — Switch
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The multifunction switch could develop an open circuit condition that results in the stop lamps and the rear hazard lamps becoming inoperative. The center high mounted stop lamp and turn signal functions are not affected.
- Dealers will replace the hazard switch carrier. Owner notification will be conducted in two phases. The first phase began April 15, 2002, with mailings to owners of 2000 and early 2001 vehicles. The second mailing phase will be to remaining 2001 and 2002 vehicles. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020, GMC at 1-800-462-8782, or Oldsmobile at 1-800-442-6537.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.