- September 16: General Motors Oil Consumption Lawsuit Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- September 1: Airbag Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler and GM news | 16 days ago
- August 23: Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and GMC Sierra 2500 Recalled recalls | 25 days ago
- August 22: GM Shift to Park Lawsuit Says Vehicles Can't Be Shut Off news | 26 days ago
- August 12: Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain Recalled For Hankook Tires recalls | 36 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #18186
2018 Chevrolet Impala
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- 18186 - Customer Satisfaction Program. Certain 2018 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Impala and Chevrolet Traverse vehicles, equipped with a 3.6L engine (RPO LFX or LFY), may have a condition where the piston oil control ring may have been damaged during installation. If this happened, it could lead to excess oil consumption in the combustion chamber and result in an engine misfire, a check engine light, and low oil levels. If the vehicle continues to be driven with an insufficient oil level, the engine could be severely damaged and the vehicle could lose propulsion. Dealers are to inspect cylinders 2, 4, and 6. If, during inspection, the technician sees evidence of cylinder wall scoring, (gouges), or a broken oil control ring is found, dealers are to replace the engine.
Click a tab for more information.