- May 13: Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit and SS Cars Recalled recalls | 19 days ago
- April 28: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Blames Piston Rings news | 34 days ago
- April 27: GM Transmission Lawsuit Doesn't Hold Up, Says Automaker news | 35 days ago
- April 21: GM Hard Tri-Fold Bed Cover Recall: Take 2 recalls | 41 days ago
- April 20: Corvette Cracked Wheels Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #18186
2018 Chevrolet Impala
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- 18186 - Customer Satisfaction Program. Certain 2018 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Impala and Chevrolet Traverse vehicles, equipped with a 3.6L engine (RPO LFX or LFY), may have a condition where the piston oil control ring may have been damaged during installation. If this happened, it could lead to excess oil consumption in the combustion chamber and result in an engine misfire, a check engine light, and low oil levels. If the vehicle continues to be driven with an insufficient oil level, the engine could be severely damaged and the vehicle could lose propulsion. Dealers are to inspect cylinders 2, 4, and 6. If, during inspection, the technician sees evidence of cylinder wall scoring, (gouges), or a broken oil control ring is found, dealers are to replace the engine.
Click a tab for more information.